Mary A. Osborne offers the following editing and writing services:
- Writing articles for print and online magazines
- Copywriting and copyediting for businesses and individuals
- Book editing
- Writing book reviews
- Writing artists’ statements
- Writing press releases
Contact email@example.com regarding your specific project or needs.
Resources for Writers:
- Story Studio Chicago offers classes, encouragement, and a sense of community for writers.
- My own books began to take shape after I attended a summer conference at Skidmore College through the International Women’s Writing Guild. Workshops at various locations are held throughout the year. This is an inclusive, smart, and welcoming group of writers, regardless of your publication history.
- Free workshops are offered in low-income neighborhoods throughout Chicago via the Neighborhood Writing Alliance. Works by participants are published in the award-winning Journal of Ordinary Thought.
Resources for Book Marketing, Publishing, and Making:
- John Kremer, the ultimate authority on book promotion, wrote 1000 Ways to Market Your Books. He offers tips and articles on his site, BookMarket.com.
- Self-Publishing Resources.com by Marilyn and Tom Ross offers an exhaustive list of resources including guidance on book marketing and promotion.
- Dan Poynter’s site, Para Publishing, offers detailed information on book marketing as well as producing your book and setting up your own publishing company.
- https://99designs.com/book-cover-design offers very reasonably priced cover designs, a helpful visitor to this site informed me.
Publicity Resources for Creatives:
- At http://www.theartistnextlevel.com renowned artist Sergio Gomez offers fabulous resources and coaching for contemporary artists. Much of the information on the site can be applied to authors.
- www.smallbusinesspr.com offers information on writing and distributing news releases as well as actual distribution of news releases.
- Click here for smallbusinesspr.com’s free press release template.
- https://www.creativelive.com offers classes and instructional videos on publicity for creatives. Offerings include classes on putting together a media contact list, getting journalists to write about your business, using Instagram, tips on photography and creating podcasts.
Resources for Artists
- Check out Claremont Graduate University’s website for helpful guidance on writing artists’ statements.
Resources for Creating Websites
- https://websitesetup.org/customize-wordpress-101/ is a good resource for basic how-to info on how to set up a simple WordPress site or blog, I am told.